Sunday, February 28, 2010

Some Golden Oldies

I got a couple good CDs at Goodwill today. I haven't been buying much lately. I was in the mood for cutting down. I still feel like cutting down, but I'm not going to be ridiculous about it. If there's something really really good, I'll check it out and get it. It's been a while though since there's been any thing decent. Just the same old crap.

But today I found a couple good 'Oldies' CDs and got them. They were put out by MCA in 1986. Maybe they were originally double albums, but they're single CDs. They are called "Vintage Music - Volumes 1 & 2 (that's one CD), and the other CD is "Vintage Music - Volumes 3 & 4.

There's 40 tracks, no re-recordings, nothing but the original artists and versions. So this was a good deal.

Several of the songs I already have, whether on CD or records. But there's a number of them I don't have, or didn't have before. And even if I had them on record, it's nice to have a CD version, like the Kalin Twins' "When." Danny and the Juniors' two biggest songs, "At The Hop" and "Rock and Roll Is Here to Stay" are both on there.

Nervous Norvus is there with his "Transfusion." I don't see that on a lot of compilations.

Dale Hawkins is there with "Susie-Q." He just died in the last month or so. "Short Shorts" by the Royal Teens is here. Inexplicably, I don't think I had that song.

'Twas a good day!