Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Scanned A Photo Album

In the '70s we put our pictures in those photo albums that had the sticky stuff on the page, then a piece of plastic over them.

For the most part now, they're solidly in place. There's exceptions. A couple were in there crooked and seemed to be looser, so I pulled them away. And one I wanted to see the back of, to see if there was a date (there was), and it came off easy enough. But another I tried, it started to separate the front of the picture from the back, so that's no good.

Getting them scanned is good for my peace of mind, a little bit anyway. I always think about the photo albums being lost in a natural disaster or a fire or something. Now at least this one is on my computer. Of course the computer would probably be lost in the same natural disaster or fire. I just hope it doesn't come to that.