Friday, October 23, 2009

She Comes In Colors


I listened to "Their Satanic Majesties Request" by The Rolling Stones again today. I don't have it on CD but on LP. It seems like I recorded it off one other time, but my system probably wasn't as good and I didn't look it up. So I recorded it again as MP3s.

I like this album more each time I hear it, which frankly hasn't been that many times. Less than 10 times in my whole life.

It seems like it gets something of a bum rap -- I could look it up, I guess -- because it is different than what the Stones were "supposed" to sound like. They were doing a Sgt. Pepper thing and it seemed out of character.

But it's very beautiful to me, especially songs like "She's Like A Rainbow" and "2000 Light Years From Home," which were together on a 45. I have one somewhere.

The other songs are cool too, for the most part. I wish "In Another Land" didn't have that weird vocal effect on Bill's voice. But even that is tolerable after a few times. Everything else I like.

I used to have one of the 3D covers, but it would seem that I sold it sometime over the years to get needed money. Drat. On the non-3D cover I can't see Paul and Ringo, and I know they're there on the 3D.