Wednesday, October 21, 2009

OK, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

It probably sounds weird, but I never knew anything about Liberty Valance. Just the song by Gene Pitney, which I've heard a million times over the years without especially liking it all that much.

I heard of the movie but never saw it or had any interest in seeing it. But I've been in the mood lately, doing my exercise, watching whatever. VHS, DVD, anything remotely decent that crosses my path. Since I only do the exercises 20 minutes a day, I don't get to see that much.

But I've had this one on VHS for a while. It's been laying around. So I watched it, then tonight I extended the session of watching it since it seemed like I was in the home stretch.

It was very good. Not that I'm going to be watching it over and over. Nothing like that.

It's all a flashback, except the beginning and end. James Stewart's character explains why he came back to Shinbone for John Wayne's character's funeral. But I don't want to give away the ending.