Sunday, October 11, 2009

Candy Kisses

There's "Candy Kisses" by Amanda Perez. Then there's the George Morgan song by the same name, also famously recorded by Tony Bennett.

Last, there's the actual edible candy kisses that come out of hiding every year about this time. What the candy kiss companies make the rest of the year, I don't know. I hope they make some other kind of candy so the workers are working more than a month or two.

We got some candy kisses today, not the brand I usually buy. I don't usually buy a "brand" that I know of. I just remember the wrappers as generic black and orange. The ones I got today are made by Necco, the same people who make the little Mary Jane chewy candy. They look exactly the same and taste exactly the same, except the labels (the orange ones, not the black) have the Mary Jane little girl logo and Necco logo printed on them.

They're like always. I always have a resolution not to rush myself in chewing them. One thing, I don't want to lose any fillings. But I'm never able to stretch them out.

I was thinking it'd sure be delicious to have some of the candy kisses when they were first made, hot or soft in the factory. Umm. A cup of tea and that.