Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Lost Symbol

Well, friends, how's this? I, who am literate (let me tell that to you right up front), but hardly ever get a book all the way read, did indeed start and actually finish a book.

It was the popular book "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. There's something else startling about this. I hardly ever buy a new book, since I inhabit thrift stores, garage sales, and used book sales (when there's one around).

But I got started. Then as I became familiar with the whole thing I was able to buzz through faster and faster.

I hate to describe anything about it, because I'd hate to ruin anything for anyone reading it currently or about to. There was one thing about it that I didn't find all that compelling (or as big a threat was it seemed to present in the book), but that's just me. I think the public could easily handle it.

I liked it. And because I have a problem finishing books, this is a gold star moment for me. Like back in 4th grade.