Sunday, January 24, 2010

What It Takes To Be A Good Catch

This little article is on "What It Takes To Be A Good Catch," or I might say "A Great Catch."

Because I like to think, that if I weren't already caught, that I'd be a great catch. Know what I mean?

Some people have a hard time feeling attractive. So do I. Because I'm not especially attractive, I don't think. At times I think I am. I look in the mirror and I think I look great. But I see myself in pictures and I think "Eww," not so good. There's something different about seeing yourself in the mirror, because I guess you're looking with 50% actual eyes and 50% imagination. But when you see a picture it's 100% eyes.

So let's say I'm not that attractive. I don't know if I am or not really.

But I feel very attractive in another sense. And that's in the personality stuff. Not to brag, and not to confess to being a fake, I think I've got it. Like this, I really care about you. I'm really interested in you. I'm really here for you. All that. And I believe I really am.

This isn't meant to be an article about me .... because I'm uncomfortable tooting my own horn. But it's an article on what it takes to be a good catch. And what I think a good catch is is someone who consciously has some qualities like that. Where you immediately go, Maybe this person is too good to be true, but I don't see any signs that he's phony or a creep.

I'm definitely not a creep. I can be a little phony, because I like to put a good face on it, which I think is a good quality. The phoniness is something that, say I wasn't caught (which I am) and I was trying to be a great catch, I'd fill you in on. And we'd have some great laughs about it. Because confidence and chuckling about it are also qualities of a great catch.

OK, today for some reason, my self image is up there. It happens!

So if you want to be "a great catch" -- say you don't think you are -- give it a try. Believe in yourself, and work on the qualities that give a good spin to whatever your personality is! You'll get caught!