Monday, January 25, 2010

I Call My Baby STP



I used to have this record. Must've sold it. I sold lots of records over the years, for a very good reason, because I needed the money. But every time I regret missing a record out of my collection, I think, There surely was another way for me to have gotten money. I should've sold blood. I can make more blood. But records are tough to get.

I used to listen to it quite a bit. I've thought about looking it up, but then the thought passes and I don't think of it again for a year. Today was the day! I was at You Tube and typed it in and someone had it. That's great.

The group, The Del-Vetts, "I Call My Baby STP." I don't know if the STP company gave these away or what exactly was the deal. I believe I got mine at a thrift store or a garage sale. I even had the picture sleeve as seen in the video.

It was great hearing it again!

I wonder why STP was so extremely popular and advertised 40 years ago, and these days you hardly ever hear of it. I bet in the '60s and '70s I saw STP stickers a million times. Now I wasn't even sure they still made a product, but it appears that they do.

Why was it so popular at one time? And not popular now?