Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Ice Storm

We're about to enter another Ice Age, starting tonight, in the land where I live.

According to the map and "Weather In Motion," the Ice cometh, no mention of the Iceman.

So if anyone thinks of it, tonight would be a good night to set the ice trays outside. Hey, free ice!

Do I want this extreme weather? No, not really. But what can I do about it?

I just hope we're OK, that power lines stay up where they're supposed to. That it's not so thick that limbs start falling. And that people don't plow into each other when they lose traction. I've had some of that problem driving around and it's not all that icy, just the snow melting and refreezing. It's still ice, but it's got sand and salt from previous passings of the city guys mixed with it. What comes out of the sky tonight will be pure and indiscriminate.

If it happens, again, there's nothing I can do about it. Just stay in and stay safe. I stocked up on groceries.

By morning I shall see. What if it's "Icy as far as I See?" Ha ha.