Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Singin' In The Rain

I'm busy watching the film "Singin' In The Rain," for the first time, if you can believe that. I've led a very sheltered life, I guess.

I'd seen the title song and scene a few times but none of the rest of the movie. So it was a real discovery to start watching it, the discovery being how excellent it is. I've had a smile on my face most of the way through because it's so delightful.

There's one part I don't like that much, which is the idea that the filmmaker would make a film with all the weird sound stuff going on. You wouldn't be able to tell me he wouldn't notice that before it was in the theater. Come on. But it's just part of the plot, I'm guessing, to point out Ms. Lamont's shortcomings in the voice/diction department, and that talkie technology had a few kinks to work out.

I don't know how it ends. But I love it so far!