Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Loving Random Music

I got a collection of MP3s today at Amazon, which I hadn't heard of till I saw it today. It's called "1% For The Planet - The Music (Vol. 1)." I've "heard" every track at least once. I say "heard" because a lot of it was real low volume while I was working.

It had 41 tracks, and a lot of them are by people I've never heard of. But playing it on my iTunes player while I do other things, it's very enjoyable as a background. The songs are interesting and artistic and there's some catchy tunes.

I only heard one that I hated the sound of but I can't remember which one it is. It's toward the end.

What the whole "1% For The Planet" thing is, I checked out the website for about 6 seconds. It appears to be an environmental cause, to benefit the Earth.

The thing about me listening to this is, it's random. Which I like. Because I really don't know what to pick when it comes to music. There's so many thousands of choices I'm just stuck. So I stick with the old familiars, the famous. But if I'm given a random assortment, which I wouldn't have bought track by track, I can play it and actually enjoy it. So it's a conundrum: I'm missing out on a lot of music that I would enjoy, no doubt, but I just don't know where it is!

There's a ton of talent out there, that's for sure. Plus me in the shower.