Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Word "H--O"

In the title I mean the word "Ho." As in "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas." Or it's more lamentable meaning these days (why people want to ruin a perfectly good word, I don't know), as shorthand speak for whore. That's awful.

I bring it up to say there's a Ho Bot at Twitter. If you use the word "ho" in a tweet, someone has a thing (or maybe they're doing it manually -- I doubt it), that collects those. I did it one day. I can't remember what I innocently put. It had nothing to do with being vulgar. Maybe I said gung ho or something. And this bot gave me a mention for that.

So I put some hyphens in the title here so I wouldn't end up there again. Not that I'm trying to avoid it. But there's no reason to provoke them.

There was some other word bot that collected a tweet by me one day. I can't think of what that was though.