Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Catnip Scented Litter?

I have a brand of cat litter I buy, unscented. It's a store brand. And to me it's the best kind we've ever had. So I show up about every week to buy another bag.

Today I went and they'd rearranged everything in the store. There was cat litter basically in the same place as usual but not the kind I wanted. So I wandered a bit and found it at the other end of the aisle, the same brand but not the unscented.

So I had to buy the scented. I don't know if there's any difference or exactly why I've been buying the unscented over the scented. It could be just as simple as this, that virtually anything I prefer the unscented over the scented.

I was getting ready to change the litter tonight, then, when one of the cats went into the box. So I waited for a while, then went to change it, figuring it would be safe from befoulment for an hour perhaps.

But no sooner had I got it changed when the same cat showed up and went in for something.

It made me think, What if the scent is catnip? Wouldn't that be a racket? Catnip scented litter, and the cats are in there doing their thing day and night. It would be bad!