Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Benny Hill - RIP

Well, it looks like we, the world, lost a great entertainer. Benny Hill.

Benny Hill has passed on. According to Wikipedia, it took place in 1992. So around 19 years ago.

I did not know that. I just knew he was either alive or not. Now it turns out he's not.

I finished watching the tape I was discussing yesterday, "The Best of Benny Hill." I do think about him occasionally, and since I've been watching the tape over the last few days, of course I've been thinking about him more.

So he was only 68 (or about that) when he died. It happens. He didn't look like the world's healthiest guy on his show, but that would have been deceiving if he had lived to be 100.

According to Wiki, Benny was never married, although he proposed three times. His money was left to relatives.

The show was very funny. I preferred anything risque and spicy more than parodies of talk shows, etc.