Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Grand Canyon - Blu-Ray Disc

We got a Blu-Ray player, I can't remember when, maybe five or six months ago. And that day we bought some discs, a couple of them being discs about U.S. national parks.

One we watched and I wrote a little blog about it, which looks like it was back on January 24, was about Yellowstone and Grand Teton. The other was about the Grand Canyon, and somehow this set unopened till today. We have company, and he's interested in such things, so we watched it. It also has a second program that was watched but I missed that part.

The one on Grand Canyon is the same format, the same kind of documentary as the Yellowstone one. Which means real good, but there's nothing about it that would make you want to sit for multiple viewings, if you have only average interest in such things like me.

The Grand Canyon definitely looks like a wonderful place, speaking as someone who's never seen it and maybe never will. And even if I went to see it, I might get the Chevy Chase tour of it and have to move on quickly. Or ... even if I went to see it, I know I wouldn't see the whole thing, since it's vast. I guess I didn't know it was so big. But the Colorado River goes through there around 250 miles. And people take boating trips through there that takes them 18-19 days to accomplish.

That would be more time than I would want to spend on a boat with people. Especially since I didn't see any Porta Potties along the side and I don't know what they're doing. Everything for me comes down to where you're supposed to go to the bathroom. I don't know why they didn't address that issue in the program. Wouldn't almost everyone be curious? Are people just peeing against the mountain?

Plus it looks like you'd be paying a fortune for the accommodations, etc.

The Blu-Ray picture is nice and clear. I never really got into the whole Blu-Ray experience that much since we got the player back in January. I don't think it's especially worthwhile to buy discs to have setting around to watch a time or two. And I've never been one for watching the same shows over and over.