Monday, June 8, 2009

Porter Wagoner

I've had a couple run ins with the late Porter Wagoner in the last couple days.

Saturday I got a nice condition Porter Wagoner album, a couple records of his greatest hits. The label is RCA, but it's one of those Specials Products issues that they must've sold on TV. The cover is a plain Adam VIII jacket, no frills.

I listened to Side 1 and it was pleasant enough. Nothing so spectacular that you go Wow!

I used to watch Porter's show, a half hour show, syndicated, a real plain performance show. Dolly Parton of course was on this show.

My other run in with Porter was when I was at the exercise place and turned the TV on (with the sound down) to one of those Time Life infomercials for a DVD set of Grand Ole Opry performances. It just kept going on and on, showing snippets and there were a few guest interviews in between. At least one of these was with Porter Wagoner. And I was thinking, Didn't he die?

He had some wild suits.