Saturday, June 27, 2009

An Enterprising Governor

Early today I saw an article somewhere that said the famous trade mission that Gov. Sanford went on to Argentina last year wasn't even on the original itinerary, but that he personally suggested they go there. Now we know why.

I can't remember the details, but it said something about Argentina, that somehow they were being excluded from these kinds of trade deals, whereas Brazil (the only place on the original itinerary) was was under a different policy, allowing them. Yet the Governor suggested going to Argentina.

One thing to say about the Governor, the guy's got guts. I can't even imagine myself having that kind of guts, to be the governor of a state, and to take an entire trade delegation to a foreign country, where I will disappear to have an affair with a woman of that country! You would think there'd be some kind of security detail on a U.S. governor. Press or someone.