Sunday, May 17, 2009

Poodle Paper

Of all the videos on You Tube -- and there are plenty of obscure things -- I know of one that no one has put up yet.

And it's weird that there's no trace of it, including no mentions on the internet that I can find, because we used to watch it on TV in either the late '70s or the very early '80s.

It's called "Poodle Paper," and featured a cute little song along with some very nice footage of poodles. The refrain of the song, which is all I remember, said, "Poodle paper, poodle paper, wipe it, scoop it, wrap it." Very cute, and my family loved it.

We got our first VCR in the fall of 1979 and used to record some stuff like this, videos. Then more so when we were seeing shows like "Pop Clips" and I don't know what all else. It seems like they used to show videos like this on the USA channel, with a show called Nite Flyte.

We definitely had this video for a time but I'm thinking that it was erased. Isn't it very strange that this one video has somehow not made it to the computer? I want to know if there's anyone else in the world out there for remembers it.