Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Looking At Community College Jobs

I was looking at employment opportunities at community colleges in Kansas.

It's just a thought. I don't actually qualify to do much. Which suddenly hits you went you're looking at the qualifications necessary.

But I was thinking, Wouldn't there be like a thousand jobs in community colleges, wanting people with general degrees to come in and teach whatever? It doesn't appear to be that way, at least full time.

I could see myself preparing the materials, let's say, for a course on literature, Western civ, religion, psychology, something like that. Even though my field of expertise is narrow, I could do the general stuff.

It's depressing to look at the slim pickings, though, then to look at the vast applications, and the need to scour the countryside looking for references, all that. Ack!