Friday, May 1, 2009

Tongue-Tied Jill

I used to have a download of the song "Tongue-Tied Jill" by Charlie Feathers. But I must have lost it ... or gotten rid of it a few years ago when I was making my collection more legal.

I could look up the lyrics, I suppose. No doubt someone has those. (Sometimes I wonder why it's not a copyright violation that the artists and companies pursue when all these lyrics places have their lyrics. But it is a copyright violation to have the audio. Which I see a lot of people do anyway.)

It's a cool song, about Jill who's tongue-tied. The way I remember Charlie Feathers singing it was "Me dot what me want." I was listening to another version at Amazon and they said, "Me got what me want." There actually is a Charlie Feathers version there, but it's an extended, live version, and I'd rather have the original.