Sunday, May 24, 2009

Making Our Own Mochas

We were traveling over the weekend and stopped at McDonald's to get one of those new iced mochas. They're very good, but it's tough for me to spend that much for a coffee drink. Because I know you can buy coffee pretty cheap, enough to float a battleship for about six bucks.

So I took about 20 seconds to look up how to make your own iced mochas. I came up with a list of Google hits, took the very first one, followed the recipe and had an iced mocha that tasted identical to the ones at McDonald's.

Then doubled it and had a double for practically nothing.

I've never been much of a coffee buyer. I think it's a massive waste of money since you can make coffee just as good or better for a few cents.

The only thing about the recipe I don't get is this: "Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate syrup." When the coffee's in the measuring cup it's not over heat, so we're just ignoring that sentence.