Saturday, May 9, 2009

Packing Books

I'm going out of town for a couple days, to visit family.

I usually have the habit of packing about 15 books in a briefcase, to give myself a wide variety of stuff to read from when I'm away. But this time I'm thinking to limit myself to two or three. One will be my volume of poetry by Sir Walter Scott. I'm still working on it, but very very slowly, since I have lots of other tasks to accomplish.

If I limit myself like that I'll be more focused and not just picking here and there.

Lately I've been of the mind to thin down my collection considerably. Maybe I'm not of that mind totally or as much now, but the thought is still there. Why do I need so many shelves of books? OK, I can think of several reasons, but the reasons are starting to give way to ... actual reason.

If I didn't have them I'd survive just fine!