Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Dog Catching Hamburger

Hey, I meant to mention this the other day. My dog is a terrific catch.

I noticed this years ago, but for a couple years I wasn't feeding her any human food. Lately I've been a little more merciful (maybe foolish), in accidentally dropping a piece of hamburger now and then while cooking.

I remembered though that she is a terrific catch when it comes to this stuff. Just like tossing up M & Ms and catching them in your mouth, a dog can see the hamburger coming, catch it in midair like it's nothing. It's an amazing thing.

Just goes to show that a dog knows how to use its equipment like every other creature. It's definitely a good test to see if your dog still has it or if it's mental. If I toss the hamburger and it sticks to her forehead, then I'll know it's time to put her down.

As for right now, though, she's as quick as lightning, and about as accurate as pro. Once in a while she misses, which might be the thrower's fault just as much, but not too often. When she misses she doesn't care. She just eats the hamburger anyway.