Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Pope's Approval Rating

Hmm, I didn't even know they did approval ratings polls for the pope. This is the first I've ever heard of it that I recall.
Pope Benedict continues his decline as only 36% of adults across the six countries have a favorable opinion of him. This is down from 39% in April and 49% in January;
Only 36% of adults across "the six countries" polled -- Great Britain, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and the U.S. -- have a favorable opinion of him.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in having an unfavorable opinion of the guy. As far as I'm concerned, the Catholics went from a lovable teddy bear to a stern hall monitor. And I don't even keep track that much. But everything I ever hear about the current pope makes him sound like a thorn in everyone's side.