Thursday, January 1, 2009

Shelagh McDonald

Here's something I keep wondering about: What else is there out there I've never heard of that's suddenly going to appear one day as something that's always been there?

I got a CD by Shelagh McDonald at a thrift shop yesterday (12-31). I saw it. It looked like something, since it said it included rare, unissued recordings. They don't usually put that on the front of a CD by a local artist putting out her own CD to sell at the local bookstore. So I'm thinking, hmm, who could this be?

I glanced at the liner notes and it talked about Shelagh's disappearance, the mystery, etc., and I'm wondering how I never heard about any of this.

The CD, called "Album," was only a dollar, so naturally I got it. There's some pretty things on there. I haven't heard the whole thing. I came home and read up on her on the internet. And the mystery as to what happened to her has since been resolved. That's good.

But I see she has two albums. The other one is called "Stargazer," and is apparently more rare. Amazon dealers have "Album" for a few bucks, but "Stargazer" is in the $69-$89 range, thereabouts.

If you're out there -- and semi-famous -- and I haven't heard of you yet -- just relax, I'll get around to you sooner or later.