Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Opinionated Today

I haven't got a lot on my mind, opinions to spout off about. I do see that Joe the Plumber is serving as a war correspondent in Israel for some organization. Nothing can go wrong there! There were a couple blurbs I saw about it, one of which being that he got into an argument with an Israeli reporter, over whether that reporter supports Israel's efforts in the latest mess. I forget the other one.

My opinions are being tamped down by tiredness perhaps. Or, when it comes to politics, I'm holding them in abeyance till we get rid of Bush. My opinions on Bush haven't changed, but they're kind of tedious to keep giving. I don't like the guy, never have. So there. I'm hoping for the best from Obama and think he's definitely a decent person. Finally, someone I vote for wins ... first time since Clinton, an eternity ago.

I have an opinion on Burris. I don't really have any great affection for him, nor do I have any hostility against him. I'm glad he's going to be seated as a senator -- all official now -- because I think they need to follow the law as it's written, not the way they wished it was. So that's good news no matter how he'll do as a senator.

I see there are a couple of other inauguration pray-ers tapped for the 20th. Of course we have Rick Warren, who got big headlines about it. But at Huff Post they have headlines for a couple more: Gene Robinson, the Episcopalian bishop, is giving an inauguration prayer. Also the Rev. Sharon Watkins has been chosen for a prayer at an inauguration prayer service. Looking at the article, she is the president of the Disciples of Christ organization. So Obama's going for the celebrities.