Monday, January 26, 2009

I Restrained Myself

Yesterday the Deal of the Day at Amazon, for MP3s was The Animals' Greatest Hits, actually called The Best of the Animals. It's an old album, 1966, used to be MGM Records. It could be that the collection on Amazon was an expanded edition since I don't remember very many albums from 1966 that had 18 songs on one record.

It was only $1.99, which is a good deal by anyone's standards. And I restrained myself from buying it. Barely, but I did it. I feel like my credit card has enough charges on it this month and to relieve myself of the added pain, even if it's only $1.99, I decided ... bite the bullet, don't buy anything else. Now, whether I can manage that everyday, that's a different story. Who knows what they might have tomorrow? Maybe I shouldn't look.

I saw it today, some hip hop classic that I'm not interested in, the Phar Syde or something like that. It's also $1.99. I didn't even check it out, since I'm sure if I didn't buy the Animals I'm not likely to buy the Phar Syde!

Last week or maybe the week before one of the "deals" was a 99 cent-er by the Go-Go's, which I got. That's a great deal. But this week, I don't know if I would've bought it.