Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Quick Waking Dream

While I was watching a movie a little while ago, there was about 15 seconds where I felt like I was having a waking dream.

I don't think I closed my eyes, but my mind sort of drifted in a real strange way, and I was suddenly thinking of a scene from a book I read once.

I mentioned it to someone sitting there ... which of course sounded odd.

I read an old book one time a couple years ago, "Agent Nine Solves His First Case," or a title very similar to that. In the book he's followed by thugs in big cars and is threatened by them, chasing him, or something. For these few seconds, that whole thing was foremost in my mind. Then I must've cleared it out, because it all passed.

It might be kind of like that little bit of confusion just before you fall asleep. Except I was in a chair watching a movie. Why I was suddenly thinking of that book, I don't know.