Friday, December 18, 2009

Loreena McKennitt

Hey, here's my chance to search Amazon.com and see if they have this CD set I got tonight by Loreena McKennitt.

I got mine at Goodwill for $3, but it was unfortunately missing the bonus disc. Still, it's three nice albums, which I believe it said were Loreena McKennitt's first three albums.

What did I know about Loreena McKennitt before tonight? Absolutely nothing.

But I got these and they're on my computer and I'm listening to them. Listened to "Elemental," now "Parallel Dreams," and the other one is called "The Visit." I might not have time to listen to "The Visit" tonight.

I like the other two, maybe "Parallel Dreams" a little more, because I've been more relaxed, whereas with the other one I was only half listening. It's background music because I'm working. But it's pretty, relaxing, and nicely textured. And I've never been a big fan of Celtic music, but this is very cool.

There's some tape stuff, like effects, people talking, sound effects behind the very gentle acoustic music and vocals.

I wish I had the bonus disc. Because I hate to have sets where something's missing. But I didn't want to pass up the three CDs. I could tell just by looking at it that it looked good.

It comes in a nice red box, a two-piece thing.