Saturday, December 5, 2009

Queen

I've been listening to a little bit of Queen, the rock group.

I got a couple CDs at the thrift store. I already had the LP of "Night at the Opera," but that's about it for my collection of Queen. So it's nice to fill in some of the gaps as far as my collection goes and also to enjoy them.

I was listening to the Greatest Hits CD on my iPod last night. Doing so, of course, you're right up close, with it pressed against your ears. I could hear lots of great stuff. Tonight I'm listening to the "Night at the Opera" CD on the CD player. At first I was right there, now I'm in a different room, so it's just a muffled bit of sound. Still sweet sounding.

I hadn't paid any attention to the song "Fat Bottomed Girls" before, though I knew about it. I've listened to it four times or so, and I had part of the chorus stuck in my mind. It's a great one. Give me 30 years and I can catch up!