Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Checking Out Usenet

I've been checking out Usenet the last couple of days, but halfheartedly.

I used to have a real get-up-and-go for this, downloading so much stuff I couldn't keep track of it. I had tons of stuff, which, I burnt to CDs. This was before we had all these great external hard drives that store so much more.

Finally one day, feeling so overwhelmed by the whole thing, I put them through my shredder, which shreds CDs, and I felt a huge weight lifted.

But, like I said, I was over there checking out the downloads, and downloaded a few things, but I just haven't got the heart for it. Too much effort for such a small payoff. Or something like that.

One thing I got that I'm keeping, the Jimi Hendrix CD "Band of Gypsies." I have this CD, which looks to be in mint condition, but on one of the songs there's a skip. I haven't listened to this MP3 I got to see if it skips, but I'm figuring it won't. There must be a flaw in it. And if I hear it skip, whenever I get around to listening to it, then I'll know it was in the original and not just in my bad copy.

Other than that, I just haven't got the desire for it anymore.