Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dirt Against Black Clothes

When will I ever learn?

I went and got a sweatshirt this year before winter, because I like to wear one all the time, to stay warm. If I can stay warm with a sweatshirt on it means I can keep the furnace turned down a little bit.

But I wasn't thinking when I bought a black sweatshirt. That means it shows every grain of dust that gets on it, every hair (mine or pet hair), and all kinds of dirt and smudges. If I get another one next year (note to self), I need to go for the gray one they had.

Then I also got a new computer this month. And guess what color it is? Black! It didn't occur to me that I would be looking down at hairs, dust, dirt, smudges, and all the rest! But that's the way it is. And on this computer if you're not careful when you're wiping it, it takes you offline. There's a touch strip toward the top, and if you rub on that, it clicks off the online status. It also affects the sound and the volume.

I hate the thought of it being clogged up with dust and dirt. And also I hate the appearance of overly dirty things.

So black is beautiful. It's just not the color you need to avoid seeing dirt, hair, and all the rest.