Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm Testing Out My Amazon Links Thing

Friends, help make me extremely rich, by buying books, CDs, maybe even a complete stereo set at Amazon.

Yes, I'm going full bore as a proud purveyor of merchandise. I've tried some of their merchandise myself -- I have shopped there -- and I think it's every bit as good, maybe better, than the merchandise I have bought at stores in town.

One of the big selling points I like about Amazon is the boxes you get. You know, if you go to Walmart and buy a few CDs you don't get a box. But with Amazon, you buy something, it automatically comes in a box. These boxes are real useful. I've been cleaning up the house -- this is true -- and putting my old stuff in my new Amazon boxes, then taking it to the basement. Try that with a plastic Walmart sack!

Plus, shopping at Amazon keeps the postman in business, and, I believe, is the only thing standing between us and a four-day week for the post office. They wouldn't dare go to a four-day week if they had to deliver a million packages (locally) after three days off.

One other thing I like about shopping online, with Amazon (mind you), is that you don't have to leave home. I remember the first mall I went to. It was a mall in every sense of the word but it didn't have a roof. They didn't think of that back then. So you're walking through the courtyard, store to store, and no roof in the middle. Then they improved mall technology to such an extent that they invented the roof. That was good. But it still wasn't perfect until they could find a way for you not only to have a roof but to not even have to leave your home. Amazon gives us that.

The last thing to fall will be having to open the door for the postman. Because that can be cold as well as tiring. I want a way for there to be pneumatic shutes all over town, then for the package to just drop out of the wall, sent to me within seconds after it arrives at the post office. In fact it might even be shot over to a package unwrapping service, then sent on to my home, with the box of course. Got to have the box.

So what's my link? Something futuristic.

Well, guess what. This is serious. My Amazon linking thing didn't work. It just set there. So they need to work the kinks out of that before we trust them with a pneumatic delivery system.

UPDATE: 10 minutes later and it's still "searching." I was searching for a book on the future. Maybe it couldn't find one because they haven't been written yet.

I figured out the problem. It doesn't like Ad Block. Here's a futuristic link for something you could buy:



LOL, that worked like crap.