Monday, September 7, 2009

Amen To Joe The Nerd Ferraro

I want President Obama to clunk some heads. The Republicans, if he can. But I'm talking about the Democrats, because he must.

I'm a Democrat and I am sick practically to death that the Democrats are not seizing this moment to get some great Democratic things done. Oh no, it wasn't enough to get a Democratic majority. We do that and what do we find, we have a whole wing of the Democratic party who are Republicans in Democratic clothes. Good grief!

I want someone to put the squeeze on them. Play hardball. Break their political kneecaps if that's what you have to do. Put their political manhood in a vise and do some crunching. Let them know if they betray us it will be the last time they dare do so! Something like that. I want a party with some discipline. You either go along with the principles of this party or we'll find someone who does.

Away with Max Baucus! Away with Joe Lieberman! Away with Ben Nelson! If we're going to have a Republican senator from Nebraska anyway we may as well have a Republican senator!

I like this comment by Joe the Nerd Ferraro, speaking of President Obama's health care speech coming up Wednesday night:
I want the low growl that says we are going to get this done. I want to hear an attitude that says, “Any Democrat stepping out of line at this point is done. Not because I say so, but because every person who worked for me last year will be ticked off. Do you seriously think any volunteer will work for you next year if this opportunity is squandered?”
Amen to that! "Any Democrat stepping out of line at this point is done." You got that?