Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tomorrow's The Last Day Of Summer

Time to put the Beach Boys' CDs away. No more summer! Well, one more day, give or take a few hours.

It's been a fast summer in many ways, sped right by. It wasn't exactly the hottest summer on record, maybe the coolest ... not counting the last Ice Age.

As for my swimming, I only made it to the municipal pool four times. Four stinking times. And guess what, I bought a season pass. So that means I overspent. And my outings were all very short, less than an hour. Meaning, without calculating, I paid enough I should've been swimming in bottled water.

But the weather never really cooperated. Or there were some other problems. The pump broke. Then the other pump broke. And I think terrorists stole the diving board one day, so naturally the pool had to be closed.

There is, though, more to summer than swimming. So I did plenty of other things. Mostly for minutes at a time, trying to avoid the sun and bugs.

Ah, you know what, welcome fall! Summer's never all it's cracked up to be, no matter how much we enjoy it.