Monday, September 28, 2009

My Dog Chasing Squirrels

I've probably written about this before. I know I've described it to friends and family before.

I have a dog who loves to go to the park and chase squirrels. You're not technically supposed to let your dog run in the park, so maybe I shouldn't be writing this. I explained it to her, and she said it's not fair, why are the squirrels allowed to run free? I thought, yes, good point.

At least my dog's had her shots and she has me, her owner, right there with her. The squirrels likely have never been to the vet ... and they're simply wild, no one to control them by commands or motions.

So she runs free ... sometimes. Like if there's a lot of squirrels.

That's what she loves to do, chase squirrels. Fortunately she doesn't catch them. But she gets a lot of exercise chasing them. I love to see the look of recognition, when you know she's seen one. She moves closer to the ground in a flash, and is running with all her might. She's pretty fast, too. Just not quite fast enough.

Darn, missed another one!