Friday, September 11, 2009

The Beatles Mini Documentaries -- Worthless

I checked out some of the mini-docs of the Beatles' albums, now foolishly included on the CDs of their albums. Ho hum.

I think it detracts from the integrity of the albums to have these idiotic little documentaries included. Someone at Apple didn't know to leave well enough alone, to respect their albums.

Besides that, they're just crappy. Three or four minutes of trivia with some snippets of the Beatles saying things about their albums. Or whatever. They look like they were put together by some amateur.

I have a couple computers in this room. One's fairly slow, one's a lot faster. The films worked poorly in each one. And my other gripe on the subject is they slow down the proceedings. You put a CD in your computer today -- and the idiotic little film has to pop up. OK, say you've watched it. Then you want to listen to the CD next week ... the little film has to pop up. Say you want to listen to it 20 years from now, there the stupid film is, right in your face.

I was ripping the tracks for my iPod. And since I use Media Monkey, it gets hung up when there's a film on the CD as well. So each ending track doesn't know how to end, bringing up an error message, then also putting clicks, noise, and snippets of random music on your MP3.

All this for a three or four minute video that's no good to begin with.

I saw right at the start they were going to do this, back when I pre-ordered. And I thought Ugh, that's no good. Too bad they didn't have any sense.