Sunday, September 27, 2009

Slowing Down On Ripping CDs

I mentioned the Beatles CDs yesterday that I haven't heard yet, the new ones.

I have lots of CDs that I'm not hearing. It seems like the older I get, the busier I get. It seems like I used to have lots more time for leisure things, like listening to records. Some of it's my own fault. I come up with projects that I want to finish, take on responsibilities, etc.

There for a while I was trying to rip all my CDs, put them on one of my big 1 T hard drives. But even that is time consuming. It wouldn't be so bad if they would just rip flawlessly, tag themselves perfectly, get the artwork, etc. But they don't.

So to rip a CD the right way, you have a lot of manual labor, tinkering with them endlessly to make the tags right, the artwork decent, on and on.

Then I sit back and say, Why rip them all? Just rip them as you want to hear them. Save time. Smart thinking actually. The CD is a hard copy. It's there if you need it.