Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Went To Harry Potter

I went to the new Harry Potter movie the other day.

I liked it even though I don't know all the ins and outs of Harry Potter. I haven't read any of the books, but I've seen all the movies ... once.

Since then I've had someone who's completely in the know explain to me some of the details, which makes it make better sense, including what relation Snape has in all this, whether he's a good guy or bad guy.

By the way, I love seeing Snape on the screen. That's a completely great looking guy, not just for the part but in general.

And Dumbledore. What a fantastic beard, and I love the beard cincher. I don't have a beard but if I did I'd want one to the max. Nothing small and trim, nothing like a Van Dyke like we used to see in movie magazines. But one that made ZZ Top look essentially clean shaven. I would want a beard like Dumbledore. That'd do something for your personality.

Things I'm not sure about, what made Tom Riddle so out and out evil and so out and out powerful. It seems like the wizards along the way would've kept him in check a little better. And why Snape being the Half-Blood Prince was a big deal. He says, "I'm the Half Blood Prince," and that's it.

As far as his book, the potions textbook with all the added notes, that's the kind of book to get ahold of! Ever since I've been thinking of my own private library stash (heh heh) having all kinds of hidden meanings and things that only the most astute reader (experimenter) could discern and note. It's all a daydream.