Sunday, July 19, 2009

Impressive Freddy Cannon Site

I got this scan or photo of a Freddy Cannon LP from an impressive website about Freddy.

The website has lots of pictures of Freddy's albums and singles, with some good GIFs of record labels.

I have just a few 45s by Freddy and one LP. I used to have the "Action" LP but I don't know what happened to it precisely. Probably sold it.

I have "Palisades Park" (Swan S-4106-P) [oh, I have two of those, didn't know that]; "Tallahassee Lassie" (Swan S4031-A); "Way Down Yonder In New Orleans" (Swan S-4043-A); and, "For Me and My Gal" (Swan S 4083-F). Some of these are in fairly poor condition.

According to the website, Freddy's mom was one of the writers of "Tallahassee Lassie."

The LP I have is the one pictured, "Happy Shades of Blue." All the songs have "Blue" in the title. I just heard it for the first time yesterday and some of it today. I don't know, I'm not that impressed. I think time has left this kind of record way behind. But I have MP3s of the LP now, so maybe I'll listen to them again. That's the idea after all.

I definitely like Freddy's big hits though!

By the way, this "Blue" LP is still available on CD as a two-fer with "The Explosive Freddy Cannon."