Monday, July 20, 2009

Leftover Spaghetti

Leftover spaghetti is better than you might assume.

I remember we used to like it when I was a kid. At some point though it turned disgusting, because it was never quite as juicy or loose as that first time. It gets mushy if prepared in a certain way, the way we always prepared it. And that is with the sauce all mixed in with the pasta.

The key to making decent leftovers is to keep the sauce away from the pasta. As soon as it's cooked and you've used what you want, put the rest in sealed containers. And don't let them mix. Then when the parts are reheated, as I do, it tastes very close to fresh.

I normally hate leftovers. But these are actually good. And it saves money not tossing the leftover spaghetti. I could've gone out and spent several bucks on dinner tonight, but no, I remembered I had the leftover spaghetti from a couple days ago. That's another thing, you don't want to keep it too long.