Thursday, July 23, 2009

Help, I Can't See

I've had the sun inconveniently right in my face, right in my eyes numerous times in the last few days.

It's getting to be a headache. The sun is about three inches across, max, so it seems like it would would statistically rare, given all the rest of the sky we have, for it to be directly in your eyes, especially when you're trying to avoid it.

But whether it's the actual ball of flame or an unfortunate reflection that hits me just the wrong way, there it is, front and center, demanding direct face time, boom, in my eyes.

Today was the last straw. I was sitting in a room with the blinds open, thinking I'd get some light and fresh air, when a big truck pulls into a parking space. And wouldn't you know it, the sun hits the guy's windshield direct and it's aimed right at my eyes.

I said it was the last straw. I shut the blinds. If that's the way it wants to be, I'm sorry, keep your distance.