Monday, July 27, 2009

Disappointing The Dog

I was in a big hurry. I've had a busy day. I exercised faster. I ate faster. I was in and out, taking a quickie shower, etc.

Then when 8:30 got here I was going to be the nicest guy in town and take my dog to the park. She's used to going but today's been so oppressively busy that I didn't have a spare minute to do it. But at 8:30 we were going to go.

So I said the usual, "Do you want to go to the park?", which she understands by conditioning. She jumps in the air about 2 feet (she's a small dog, about 16 lbs.)

Then I discovered that my key was lost. That shot the whole thing, and after a while, of course, she could tell something was wrong, since I was acting frantic, and didn't bug me about it. Somehow she knew the whole thing was off. Which made me feel almost as badly as losing the keys.

Tomorrow will be looser and freer. I'll make it up to her.