Monday, July 6, 2009

A Musical Hallmark Card

I got my first ever musical, flickering picture Hallmark card today that someone sent me.

I've seen them at the store but haven't paid much attention to them. I've played a couple but figured, I'm not going to be buying those. When I get cards for people, which does happen, I go for the lesser priced ones, not the rock bottom cheap ones, but a respectable one in the middle range.

But this one came in the mail to me and it's very cute. It has a flickering picture, rock it back and forth, and there's a hamster dressed up like a cowboy. The tune is the famous "Hamster Dance" tune from You Tube. A very good song. But it only plays 30 seconds or so of it.

I wonder how long the battery will last. If I put this in a box and take it out in 20 years will it still play?