Saturday, July 11, 2009

Serious Cleaning

I did some serious cleaning in my computer room here. It's been so bogged down with junk, crap piled as deep as it will go.

I reorganized some of it. Spent several hours on it. It's still kind of a mess but it's a lot better than it was. I can see there's a floor in this room, which had been a rumor for years.

Now I have everything basically up against the wall and piled up. A lot of garbage papers were thrown out and bills/statements, that kind of stuff, put in a shred basket. I had a few boxes of records and little stacks of 45s that I hadn't seen for a while. I was happy to see those under there.

I have a picture program I use all the time, a Microsoft thing called PictureMe! It's on my computers but I keep wondering where the original discs are, in case I need to reinstall it somewhere. I never come across them. I've looked through the basement, various places.

Then I found them deep in a drawer, which to be honest I'm sure I looked in before. There are five discs and at first I could only find four. Which wouldn't do me any good, but a little more systematic digging and I found the fifth.

It's hot in here, and with that many layers of miscellaneous floor crap, there was a lot of hairballs, fuzz, dust bunnies, etc. Pretty soon, I had it on my nose, my forehead, my chin, and it was itching like crazy. I might have been like one of those animals that goes plum loco, except I knew where the sink was. It got worse as I approached the sink, like there was some psychological thing about to send me over the edge, being very frantic. But I got it washed off.

I've done what I'm going to do for the day on it. It's not 100% but it's many times better than what it was. What an extraordinary mess!