Sunday, July 12, 2009

Falling Asleep

I had a terrible time falling asleep last night. That's unusual for me, who usually doze off in a flash. 10 minutes or something.

But the more I thought about it and worried about it last night, the worse it got. So I go to bed at 9:30 and I was still awake around 11:15. Since I get up at 5:30 everyday that meant I lost nearly two hours sleeping. So I'm tired now.

I felt like taking a nap all day, being a little crabby. But I kept resisting and did successfully resist. Now I know I'll sleep well tonight. It's not going to be 10 minutes, I'm thinking. But of course I don't want to jinx myself.

There's still some tasks to do ... take the dog out, a few dishes, the garbage out, clean the cat box, all that fun stuff ... but I can get it accomplished pretty fast.