Friday, April 3, 2009

Donated Some Books

I have it firmly in mind, probably because of spring, that I need to do some downsizing. I wrote about my clutter a few days ago and someone actually commented, telling me they would sell it for me. I don't want to do that.

Today I looked at it again and it was all still there. Plus, there's a place going to have a book sale for a worthy cause, coming up. So I loaded up three empty boxes and hauled them over. Must have been a couple hundred pounds. I'm never going to get to these books anyway. And some of them were even books I bought at the same book sale last year. Still in the box.

It looks good to see the empty space. But I still have lots more to get rid of. There were some in those areas that I spared. Including an old Boy Scout manual. In case I need to learn how to do a knot, which I don't know many of. Also a falling apart paperback called "The Hoods" by Harry Grey. Looks like one of those good old pulp novels from the '50s.

Downsizing is going to be nice ... as long as spring cleaning fever holds out.