Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Box Of Papers

In my (perhaps) never ending quest to digitize my life, to cut down on old paper I carry around and to scan it or photo it into my computer ... take a breath ... I went through another box today. It's not as bad as all that. I don't have hundreds of boxes, just some boxes of stuff.

This was a box from the '90s, so there were papers from the positions I held in the '90s. Some of it brought back important memories, including a list of some of my old associates. I haven't seen any of them in over 10 years. It's a lot of irrelevant stuff to what I'm doing now, but it's still going to be nice to have it stored away somewhere where I can find it. In case I'm saying "Who was that one guy? What was his name?"

In the box were cards from relatives, friends, etc. A few old yellow legal pad notebooks with various ideas and thoughts I had at the time. Some financial statements, a couple canceled checks, some eBay paperwork from sales made. I shredded all that. There's nothing in any of that I'm ever going to need.

There's interesting things and there's things I don't know exactly what to do with. But it'll all be processed at least one more time before it goes to the shredder.