Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Republicans' Budget

I'm tempted to leave a big empty spot here, to faithfully convey what the Republican alternative is to President Obama's budget.

That's what they offered today. I haven't seen a copy of the budget, but according to Robert Gibbs, it takes a few minutes to read it. I did see one very interesting chart. I believe I can still picture it in my mind. It had three circles and one rectangle. The rectangle was the title and the circles specified the principles of the budget. And I believe reduced government spending was one of the circles. So ... there ...

The Republicans are simply the Party of No. They have nothing to offer except to nay say and gainsay the President's thoughtful plans. It's time to run these cretins out of Washington. They're not doing the people's business. They in it to please lobbyists and probably to line their own pockets. Empty, empty. Shameful. But kind of funny.