Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Operation Repo

I had a comment by someone on my post about the TV show "Operation Repo."

I've seen several episodes since then and I really like the show. I like Matt, too, and it appears the commenter doesn't like him a bit. I like him, you know, for the entertainment value. Plus, he does seem like a nice guy. Only he is hotheaded and doesn't seem to think strategically around people very well. He's either off or on.

I would hate to be a repo guy -- watching this show, I've come to that decision -- but were I a repo guy I would try to avoid blowing up at people like these guys do. Such as doing a lot more commiserating rather than just confrontation. They try to do that a little but never get very far.

Something about this show that is curious is how they're ever going to be repo guys after people know about the show. People will know they're doing a show. Now they say the cameras are for their protection, but that's not quite true. They're making a show. Sooner or later it'll be, "Hey, you're the guys from Operation Repo. Can I have your autograph?"

As for the confrontations they have, I wonder if it's all that way, or they just show the ones that are exciting. Doesn't it seem like the odds have to be that occasionally there's a repo where the person isn't there, nothing really happens, or the person simply gives them the keys because he knows that he hasn't made the payments?

It's a thought-provoking show.